Packing can be one of the hardest parts of any vacation, and a Walt Disney World vacation is no exception. My favorite time of year to travel to Walt Disney World is late January to mid-February. Weather at that time of year usually has fewer rainy days, and storms and the heat tend not to be much more than the mid-70s high. For some traveling to Florida means warmer weather, but the high 80s and mid-90s are just not pleasant for many. My family comes from Minnesota so in January and February when temperatures at home could be single digits, the mid-60s, and low 70s is excellent!
Walt Disney World Winter Packing List
- Comfortable shoes (you will be walking more than you are expecting!)
- Sunscreen and or a hat to protect from the sun that even in Winter can be pretty extreme.
- Long pants (jeans, leggings, sweatpants-whatever you prefer)
- Light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bring your own poncho to save money and time if it rains, everyone will be swarming into gift shops to buy them and honestly for much, much more than you will outside the world!
- Cameras (video and still, if you are like me, I just use my phone for my stills, but a good video camera is always nice to have)
Keeping in mind what time of year you go will help in deciding what to bring, central Florida weather during storm season can be very unpredictable. Mornings can be chilly, with a passing downpour in the afternoon with heat, and humidity, and chilly again as evening descends. When you decide what time of year you and your crew decide to go I suggest checking out the local weather in the area starting a few weeks before your trip so you can try to see what the weather patterns are looking like. But I would have to say the absolute most important thing to bring to a Walt Disney World vacation no matter what time of year it is, is a comfortable pair of shoes that your feet will be able to still be happy after several miles of walking a day!
A Few Extras
- Extra batteries for cameras
- Cellphone charge pack
- Bottles of water and easy-to-travel snacks
All these things can be purchased inside the World, but it is going to be much more expensive than if you bring them from home. Sunscreen is also something that is highly recommended to prevent getting an uncomfortable burn that could ruin your whole trip. Many people find carrying all of these things in a lightweight, waterproof bag that is easily stored in the many lockers around the parks while you enjoy the amazing rides!
I can honestly say I have never regretted bringing one too many things on a trip. It is so much better to have too much stuff than forget something and miss out on memories or spend extra money that you have already worked so hard to save up. Making a list is a great idea to get your mind going about things specific to your or your crew’s needs.